Posted by OnAllCylinders Employees
on February 14, 2022 at 8:34 am
At this time is Valentine’s Day and we’re feeling a bit nostalgic. And whereas the reminiscences of falling in love are simply seared into our brains, for gearheads like us, we frequently have a separate subfolder in our reminiscence banks only for our autos.
So alongside issues like the primary dance, the primary dinner, and the primary film, we frequently fondly recall issues like a slight cylinder misfire, a wonky starter motor, or torn seatcovers.
What Car Have been You Driving When You Met Your Important Different?
…And over 1,000 (!!) Reader Contributions poured in. Some had been sarcastic, some had been saccharine—they usually all had been memorable. Listed here are a few of our favorites under, and when you’ve received one you’d wish to share, hit us up within the feedback part on the backside of this text.
- “1970 C-10. She needed to go for a cruise so I couldn’t resist. One among my favourite reminiscences with my truck.” – J.A.
- “1967 Camaro. We met in 1985. She requested (in horror) ‘does it all the time sound like that?’ We have fun our thirty fifth wedding ceremony anniversary this yr.” – Okay.F.
- “1969 Corvette Stingray. She wasn’t as impressed with it as I hoped she could be!” – J.D.
- “2002 Trans Am. Taught her easy methods to drive a handbook transmission with it. Each are nonetheless right here.” – Okay.H.
- “My hubby was driving his 1967 Dodge Dart. We only in the near past received her again up and on the highway…almost 20 years later!” – C.G.
- “I proposed to my spouse whereas sitting on the working board of my 1936 Pontiac. I nonetheless have each of them almost 27 years later.” – E.B.
- “1973 Ranchero Squire. Nonetheless have it and married for 36 years too.” – T.F.
- “A 1992 Cavalier. My first automotive. That is what I used to be driving once we began speaking however she by no means noticed this automotive. I bought it and purchased one thing else earlier than our 1st date.” – G.W.
- “1962 Ford Van. I wanted some elements, so requested her to drive me to the salvage yard. Now we have been married 47 years.” – D.C.
- “1988 Monte Carlo LS, lowered, loud, and darkish We cherished that automotive, however bought it once we had youngsters. Now we have been married 21 years.” – J.G.
- “1995 Z28 Camaro. I nonetheless have each of them.” – J.M.
- “2007 Jeep Wrangler. She grew to become the one lady that rides shotgun in it…and I really like that.” – C.P.
- “She nonetheless likes my Mustangs.” – D.M.
- “1995 Z28 with full bolt-ons and exhaust. She favored it when she noticed it. We went for a trip and did some burnouts!” – J.H.
- “1996 Caprice 9C1. Her dad and mom didn’t prefer it.” – T.S.
- “Nonetheless have my Camaro SS, she wouldn’t let me promote it.” – F.S.
- “2001 Firebird. Highschool promenade, wedding ceremony, and now.” – S.B.
- “2013 Jeep Wrangler Limitless Sahara, when relationship we might trip up into the mountains and take each filth highway we might with the exhausting prime off, it was all the time a enjoyable journey in that Jeep.” – A.Okay.
- “1988 Bronco 2. I cherished it, she couldn’t have cared much less about it LOL.” – T.Okay.
- “1992 Chevy Cavalier Z24. My spouse cherished that automotive.” – C.H.
- “I didn’t have a car. Didn’t even have my license but, and simply had the allow.” – J.R.
- “Chevy Caprice. 24 years later and I nonetheless have it. Spouse was unimpressed then and continues to be unimpressed now.” – M.S.
- “Two wheeled ATV…in any other case referred to as a bicycle! Fourth grade!” – C.N.
- “What when you automotive is your vital different?” – I.L.
- “2002 Ford F-150 Lariat. Met her in 2005, married in 2012.” – W.C.
- “1958 Impala…at a Mel’s Drive-in, identical to American Graffiti!” – J.F.
- “I had two: a pink primer 1972 Dodge 3/4 ton, and a light pink 1991 Pontiac Grand AM. Chick magnets for certain!” – Okay.B.
- “A bicycle. I used to be 10.” – Okay.R.
- “5.0L Mustang. She had no probability.” – J.W.
And Lastly, Our Clearly Biased Favourite:
So after I went on the primary date with my spouse we took a visit to Summit Racing to purchase a transmission and some different elements for my 1979 C10. Been married to her for about 18 years now. Any lady who will go on a date to Summit Racing is a keeper.