The BMW iX3 is an X3 with an all-electric powertrain, which signifies that it’s an SUV with zero-tailpipe emissions and all the traditional advantages of a BMW driving expertise.
- BMW X3 with an all-electric powertrain
- Glorious experience consolation
- Actual world driving vary of 240 miles
- Rear-wheel drive
- Mannequin: BMW iX3 (Premier Version Professional – 80kWh)
- Gasoline: Electrical
- Vary (WLTP): 285 miles
- Actual world vary: 240 miles
- Seats: 5
- Boot area: 510 litres
- Size: 4734mm
- Worth to Purchase: From £60,970
- Worth to Lease: Click on right here for our newest lease affords for the BMW iX3
- Charging prices: Full cost prices £11.20
(Calculated utilizing UK common vitality value of 14p per kW – discover out extra about how a lot it prices to cost an electrical automotive)
- Charging pace: 10-80% in half-hour at a 150kW cost level (Discover out extra on how lengthy it takes to cost an electrical automotive)
- Price per mile: As little as 4p per mile
(calculated utilizing UK common vitality value of 14p per kW)
Design & Powertrain
The BMW iX3 is predicated on the petrol/diesel/plug-in hybrid X3, so this isn’t an all-new electrical platform. So that you don’t get the packaging advantages of some EVs, however on the plus aspect that is an X3 with zero tailpipe emissions. This implies you get a conventional BMW inside, and acquainted BMW appears. There’s a 510-litre boot, which will increase to 1,560 litres with the rear seats folded down.
The iX3 has an 80kWh battery and a 289PS electrical motor on the rear axle, delivering rear-wheel drive.
What’s the BMW iX3 wish to drive?
The BMW iX3 drives like a BMW X3 however with the quietness and refinement of an electrical powertrain (though there’s a simulated sporty soundtrack to accompany acceleration in Sport mode – when efficiency is spectacular). One of many stand-out options of the iX3 is the superb experience high quality – regardless of the automotive’s 2260kg weight. You even get the standard BMW dealing with steadiness due to the rear-wheel drive chassis, however sure, it’s heavier than the petrol mannequin.
Even the steering is sharp and well-weighted – and there’s the thick M-Sport steering wheel). There’s even a standard (automated) gear selector, which additionally means that you can choose ‘B’ for elevated ranges of brake regeneration (with extra ranges to select from through the touchscreen). And there’s the traditional glorious BMW driving place.
Many electrical vehicles – and plenty of new vehicles generally – have a dashboard based mostly round simply a big central touchscreen, with few different controls or shows. This isn’t the case within the iX3, and that is one thing to be celebrated. Though there’s a central touchscreen, that is managed by the superb iDrive system, through a rotary dial between the 2 entrance seats. There are additionally shortcut buttons. So that you don’t have to succeed in over to the touchscreen on a regular basis if you’re driving.
There are separate controls for heating and air flow, and for the radio – once more, that is all good.
There’s additionally an instrument panel in entrance of the motive force, which may show a map between the dials, and a head-up show can present instructions. All shows are clear and top quality; all which means following satnav instructions is a straightforward expertise.
What’s the vary of the BMW iX3?
The BMW iX3 has an official WLTP driving vary of as much as 285 miles. Its real-world vary is extra more likely to be round 240 miles.
The iX3 can speedy cost at as much as 150kW DC, when a 0 to 80% cost ought to take 34 minutes. A 0-100% cost at a house wallbox ought to take round seven and a half hours. It may possibly additionally cost at as much as 11kW AC.
The BMW iX3 is at the start a BMW. This implies it’s actually good to drive and it has an inside that appears trendy in addition to working rather well. The iX3’s celebration trick is that it has glorious experience high quality. Its electrical driving vary of as much as 285 miles is sweet, however that is overwhelmed by the Tesla Mannequin Y – nevertheless the BMW is extra comfy and has a dashboard that’s more likely to attraction extra to patrons of ‘conventional’ vehicles. Apart from the dearth of all-wheel drive, one draw back of the BMW iX3 is its value, though engaging leasing offers could make it extra inexpensive.
BMW iX3 – Info & Figures
- CO2 emissions (WLTP): 0 g/km
- Vary (WLTP): 280 miles
- Actual-world vary: Round 240 miles
- Battery dimension: 80kWh
- Automobile tax price (VED): £0
- Profit in Variety (BIK) firm automotive tax legal responsibility (2021/22): 1%
- Insurance coverage group: 45
- Energy: 289PS
- Max pace: 112 mph
- 0-62 mph: 6.8 seconds
- Torque: 400 Nm
- M Sport bundle
- Adaptive LED headlights and LED tail lamps
- Automated tailgate operation
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- BMW Stay Cockpit Skilled
- Automated air-con with 3-zone management
- Instrument panel in Sensatec
- Galvanic embellisher for controls
- Ambient gentle
- M leather-based steering wheel
- Illuminated door sill finishers with BMW M inscription
- Adaptive suspension
- AC charging (11 kW), DC charging (150 kW)
- Warmth pump for elevated effectivity and pre-temperature setting
- Lively Safety